Tuesday 24 September 2013

Fresh start and a new direction

Where to begin?

It's been a few years since I last wrote anything related to sport and although the odd person has encouraged me to start up again, I've not felt compelled....until now.

For those of you that know me, I'm seeing this as an opportunity to take some of my typical weekend pub-talk and turn it into something worth reading. I'm challenging myself to create something from all the opinion and all of those predictions which fill up too much of your lives on a weekly basis.

A cousin of mine planted this idea a year or so ago after one of those 'chats'. The sort of 'chat' which typically sees me talking sport at either a family member or friend for a considerable period of time.

If i re-call correctly, I was defending a number of Arsenal players,who at the time were unpopular among both mainstream media and the majority of fans. Becoming increasingly frustrated with my point of view, James (my cousin) asked for something more substantial to support my argument and suggested I do something worthwhile with my unconventional opinions.

I didn't listen but I think it's a pretty good idea and so here I am writing now.

Ultimately this blog is about the following:


  • It's designed to show people, who base all of their opinions on the five minute clip edited by the team at MOTD, that there is another way to look at things.

  • It's intended to show up pundits who watch highlights for a living and provide lazy soundbites to be gobbled by the masses and regurgitated in every public house across the country.

  • It's aimed at all the naysayers and all the 'one bad performance in a televised game and he's useless' types.

  • It'll be statistical, it'll be tactical and obviously it'll be controversial.


First up, the BFG...G (Big Friendly German Giant if you're wondering) - Per Mertesacker.

Thanks for taking the time to read

2 comments:

  1. hi Michael
    Arsenal's German recruits are a great place to restart your blog. Just make sure you address the burngin issue of left feet bias (Ozil, Podolski); is this Wenger's secret weapon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das Mert

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHRfD1PmuqQ

    ReplyDelete